We are in the customer satisfaction business,
not the legal business. However, in order to prevent misunderstandings and to have a common ground in terms of expectations, we request you to be aware
of these terms and conditions:
- Bookings are only confirmed upon the receipt of a deposit (100% for rooms, 50% for packages).
- The customer is liable for all financial charges associated with making the deposit - mainly, this applies for international wire transfers and for cash deposits made into our account within India.
- The deposit is refundable for all cancellations made up to 30
days prior to the start of your stay. For cancellations made within 15 to 30 days, 50% of the deposit is refundable. For changes or cancellations made within 15 days of the start of your trip, this deposit is non-refundable.
We are a small resort, and if we confirm a room for you,
we turn away other bookings, so this is a fair solution
for both parties.
- There are no refunds for early checkouts (same reason as above).
- Any fees, etc. charged by the bank, Paypal or other financial intermediary may not be refunded.
- There is no refund for any unused components of the package, such as dives or meals.
- Alteration on bookings are made on a best-effort basis.
We reserve the right to levy a change fee for alterations.
However, we will do our best to keep it reasonable, although please note that a late change during absolute peak season (like Christmas/New Years) may be treated like a cancellation.
- Guests are responsible for all damage caused to the resort
property above and beyond normal wear and tear.
- We reserve the right to cancel any reservation at any
time by refunding the entire deposit.
- Anyone trying to arrange an illegal trip to see the Jarawas will have their booking cancelled effective immediately. That is exploitation, and not only will we not do anything to support it, we will not idly stand by and ignore any attempts by others. Sorry. The islands are our home, and some things are simply unacceptable.
- For our "Meet and Greet" service, we are subject to the same limitations re. ticket availability as anyone else (although we have certain arrangements in place that give us very good chances to get tickets even when others cannot). Demand for ferry tickets exceeds supply. Very occasionally, it is possible that we may be unable to arrange tickets. If so, we will work on a best-effort basis to find a fair solution, but please keep in mind that we are not a transport company. Our Meet and Greet service is a service offered to save you the hassle of spending 3-4 hours jostling in a busy queue in tropical heat, and not a contract to offer transportation. As such, our liability in such cases shall be limited to a partial refund equal to the cost of the services that we were unable to provide - guests shall still be liable for whatever portion of the pickup service they have used. Keep in mind - if we are unable to get the tickets, you likely would not have gotten them either, so this is a fair solution. In other words, the Meet and Greet service is offered on a "best effort" basis.
- We accept no responsibility for any problems caused by
circumstances out of our control - such as acts of god,
flight delays, weather, etc. and no refunds are provided in such cases.
- Our maximum liability under any circumstances, if any, shall
be limited to a refund of monies paid. In the event of any
dispute, we would prefer to sit with you and find a reasonable
solution - however, we reserve the right to use any and
all legal means necessary, and the courts of India shall
be the ultimate arbiter in the event of any dispute.
- We want you to leave satisfied. A significant portion of our guests come to us via word-of-mouth from other clients, so we take this very seriously. However, do note that we are human (well, Vinnie has a certificate to that effect, anyway) and occasionally, we make mistakes - so, all we ask is: if there is a problem, talk to us and we'll work out a common sense solution that is fair and equitable (instead of relying on legal fine print and such weaselly tactics). We want you to leave happy!
- Confirmation of a booking signifies full and complete acceptance of these terms and conditions
As always, please do not hesitate to contact
us if you have an questions.